tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Feb 02 09:58:59 1997

RE: costly - was Phrases

February 01, 1997 5:39 PM EST, jatlh qeyloS:

> I look up "be expensive" and I get waH
> Yet in the messages (Subject: Phrases) I've seen it spelled wagh.
> If I check the the new words page at KLI I see it spelled waH.
> Did I miss something???????

I don't believe that we've had an official spelling of this, but when
charghwI' heard this word on Conversational Klingon, he heard {waH}.  I simply
cannot agree with that.  I most definitely hear {wagh}.

The problem was exacerbated when in HolQeD 1:4 "Conversational Klingon
Explored," the new vocabulary referred to lists "be expensive" as {wasH}.

If anyone disagrees with me about Okrand pronouncing {wagh}, get on the Talker
site with me, if you can, and we'll compare!  :)

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level