tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Dec 27 10:57:32 1997

Re: KLBC: Short and Easy [James]

On Fri, 26 Dec 1997 17:19:39 -0800 (PST) Marian Schwartz
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Has anyone noticed that Okrand made a mistake in describing this
> expression?  He described "You have [blown it]" as {bIvonlu'pu'}, not
> {Davonlu'pu'} which would be standard.  Maybe it'll be backfitted later on
> (is it slang to the extent of not being used like originally?), but it was
> probably an error when it was written.

It would aid discussion of this greatly if you included a page
number so we can view the entire context of the remark. This is
why I record citations in my database. I really don't have time
to look up every mention like this while answering the KLBC
volume.

charghwI', taghwI' pabpo' ru'
Temporary Beginner's Grammarian, December 20-30

Back to archive top level