tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 26 17:04:47 1997

Re: KLBC: Short and Easy [James]

ghItlh tlhIbwI'
> So, instead of saying "I've blown that" after an interview, I'd say (in
> Klingon) "I've blown that interview"
>
> *interview*vetlh vIlujpu'

By the way, the slang expression {vonlu'} would work well here.
{vIvonlu'pu'}.  These are both slang, and map pretty well.  Of course,
there is always the option of being more accurate than the original, as a
Klingon might do.
Has anyone noticed that Okrand made a mistake in describing this
expression?  He described "You have [blown it]" as {bIvonlu'pu'}, not
{Davonlu'pu'} which would be standard.  Maybe it'll be backfitted later on
(is it slang to the extent of not being used like originally?), but it was
probably an error when it was written.

Back to archive top level