tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 24 22:49:08 1997

Re: KLBC: -vaD

>> buQlu'mo' Sormey jIjatlh vI'oSmeH
>> "Because the trees are threatened, I speak for the purpose of
>> representing them."
>
>You are SOOOO close. Basically, you have all the right words,
>but not in the right order, and one of them could be repeated.
>Want to try again?

Hija'

buQlu'mo' Sormey Sormey vI'oSmeH jIjatlh
"Because the trees are threatened, for the purpose of representing the
trees, I speak."  I wind up with {-meH} on 'oS again ("in order to
represent"), and now I've got two {Sormey} together, which sounds
silly!  I apparently fail to understand some elementary concept here!

Scott D. Randel
tera'ngan thlIngan Hol ghojwI'

Back to archive top level