tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Dec 21 12:06:32 1997

Re: KLBC: -vaD

On Sun, 21 Dec 1997 charghwI' wrote:

>For your meaning, you'd want to consider recasting it a bit.
>When you speak for the trees, you do so for a purpose, right?
>The purpose is to represent the trees. So, how would you say,
>"For the purpose of representing the trees, I spoke."? You might
>also think of it as, "In order that I represent the trees, I
>spoke."
>
>Remember that "spoke" is just past tense, not perfective (which
>would be "have spoken"). So, make a stab at it. Tell me how you
>would translate it now.

Sormey vI'oSmo' jIjatlh
"Because I represent the trees, I speak."

"I represent the trees" may be the easiest way to get the point
across, even though it doesn't specifically mention the act of
speaking.

Scott D. Randel
tera'ngan thlIngan Hol ghojwI'

Back to archive top level