tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 19 16:23:14 1997

Re: Learning suggestions

ja' ter'eS:
>...I find I can better remember a prefix if I
>can remember a phrase using it, the more colorful and memorable the better.

That's how I learned most of them myself.  I *always* think of the phrase
{chay' jura'} when I need to say "you(singular) do something to us", and
{pIpIH} always comes to mind for "we-you(singular)".  I no longer remember
exactly *why* I know how to say "we've been expecting you", but it serves
its purpose as a mnemonic.  And quite some time ago, during a discussion
of homemade dumplings or something, I decided that they would fill you up
all by themselves:  {nIteb nIteb}. :-)

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level