tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 19 15:02:21 1997

jIHaD vIneH 'ach...

I'm in the middle of entering all the canon I can find into my
computerized tlhIngan Hol dictionary (in Lotus Notes, by way of MS
Access, if you're interested), and I found something that I'm not sure
how to classify:

  On page 48 of TKD, {Hagh} is translated "study".  In the back of TKD,
{Hagh} is "laugh" and {HaD} is "study".  {Hagh} isn't on the KLI "New
word" page, either. I can see a Klingon typographer switching "gh" and
"D", but it's a bit of a stretch for a terran to make this error.

  Voragh, anyone, is this a known error, assumed error, or something I
need to add to my files?

  Dutlho' ghojwI' mISqu'

  (BTW, I thought I learned a lot in adding the *word lists*.  This
canon archiving helps as much, giving nuances.  Never would have thought
about {veqlarghpu'} being capable of language otherwise...)

Jaes