tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 17 08:37:08 1997

RE: {-Daq} & non-physical places

Eric Andeen wrote:
: My memory is from PK (or possibly CK), so it may be different. It comes
: from the section on the Age of Ascension.

pagh wrote:
: The canon as I remember it is indeed <'Iw bIQtIqDaq bIlengjaj>, although
: I would hesitate to contradict Voragh.

DloraH wrote:
: before I wrote my response about using leng I looked it up myself because
: I thought maybe Voragh miss-quoted (mistakes do happen); but there
: it is, on page 203 TKW,  'Iw bIQtIqDaq jIjaH  -  I travel the River of
: Blood.

Here's the section on the {nentay cha'DIch} from Power Klingon:

     Today you are a warrior.
	DaHjaj SuvwI' SoH
     May you travel the river of blood.
	'Iw bIQtIqDaq bIlengjaj
     You must show your heart.
	tIqlIj Da'angnIS
     May the bile of the vanquished fill your hands.
	jagh lucharghlu'ta'bogh HuH ghopDu'lIj lungaSjaj

The equivalent section from "The Klingon Way" [p. 203]:

     DaHjaj SuvwI''e' jIH.
        Today I am a warrior.
     tIqwIj Sa'angnIS.
        I must show you my heart.
     'Iw bIQtIqDaq jIjaH.
        I travel the River of Blood.

Apparently, in this ritual a little variation in the phrasing is allowed.
However note that the PK lines are spoken *to* the celebrant, the TKW lines
*by* him/her. Perhaps this is important.

Voragh

Back to archive top level