tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 17 00:55:12 1997

Re: KLBC: Short and Easy

At 00:03 97-12-17 -0800, James Coupe wrote:

}Okay, so can I say:
}
}Hoch nganpu' tIHoH, vaj yaymaj lutmey tIja'
}
}which is supposed to say:
}
}"Kill all of the inhabitants, then tell stories of our victory"
}
}Can I use *vaj* as a conjunction like this?  Just like "and"?

{vaj} can be used as a conjunction, but meaning "thus," "therefore," "as a
consequence," not the same "then" as in "the following time."

}I actually wanted to say:
}
}"then sing songs of our victory"
}
}but I can't find sing or song in the vocab lists or the new words list.
}
}Are they in KGT because if they are I may have to consider trying to
}find a copy of it somewhere in England (I hope it's been released here)?

They are, although we've known them a lot longer than that.  {bom} is the
noun "song" or "chant" and also the verb "sing" or "chant."  {bom mu'} is
lyrics, and {QoQ} is "music."  I find the latter amusing becaue it's the
only Klingon word that actually stimulates my gag reflex.  Something about
the shape of my throat for the {o} and the two {Q}mey, vIjatlhchoHDI' HuH
vIghupnIS.

How about: {Hoch nganpu' tIHoH.  wIta'ta'DI' yaymaj bommey tIbom.}
"Kill all the inhabitants.  When we have done it, sing songs of our victory."

BTW James, I find your signature offensive.  It isn't enjoyable to have to
read that in every message.  I would appreciate it if you would use a
different one for KLBC postings.

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level