tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 16 18:03:16 1997

A sentance or two

	I tried to translate a bit of "All Good Things..."
	The origial was as follows:

	"Now you're catching on.  For one split second, your mind was open
to possibilities and ideas you'd never dreamt of.  But it was only the
beginning."

	I got the following

	yajchoH SoHDaH.  DuHmey je qechmey jInajpy'Qo' poSpu' yablIj.  'ach
net taghwI'e'.

	Which means more or less (I hope):

	(I just realized the first sentance should be DaH biyachoH)
	Now you begin to understand.  To possibilities and ideas you did not
dream opened your mind. (or Your mind opened to poss. and ideas you didn't
dream of)  But that (the previous sentance) is the beginning, and only the
beginning.

I put DuHmey je qechmey jInajpy'Qo' first because it is the subject, then
posSpu' (to be open-past) then yablIj (your mind).

As for the third sentance I had trouble getting beginning as a subject, so I
used wI' to make that which begins which isn't very good and 'e' to give the
"only" part of it.  Also in the re-translation I changed "was" to "is" because
Klingon has no pasted tense so-to-speak.  I think that last sentance is the
one that is the hardest (accept maybe the "For one split second" which I didn't
even attempt)

Back to archive top level