tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 16 07:57:05 1997

Re: [KLBC] wo' mung

Robyn Stewart writes:
 > > ghomaj ?> you good us ???
 > > good isn't a verb so I don't get that one
 > You're right that the word is not a verb.  But it's a valid word. Try
 > again.

ghomaj -> our circle

 > > ghomjaj X> no idea what mjaj is
 >
 > Try again.

I can't split at mjaj so, I must split the word in ghom jaj
which would be a composed word. But you told me you don't like to use
them.

So I'd say it's a bad word. But you seem to imply that it's valid,
so this one is beating me :( (also 'group day' doesn't make sense
to me)

 > > ghmegh X> > impossible
 > Why?

well gh and m can't form a prefix because it's 2 consonants in a row.

there is also no suffix in egh (well there is 'egh but itsn' not the
same) nor in megh.

ghmegh is also not present in the TKD thus it's not a valid word.

 > > nIghmoH X> impossible
 > Why?

nI is they-you
moH is cause
which leaves gh which isn't a verb.

also according to the TKD,
nIgh and ghmoH aren't valid words.

Therefore nIghmoH isn't a proper word.

 > > maw'egh ?> he's crazy himself (doesn't make sens to me) >
 > I put this one in for the same reason as {*ral'choH} -- to make you
 > watch where the {'} letter goes.  This word does not have the same
 > syllable boundary as the one above.  Try again.

maw'egh -> he offends himself

 > > DuSaQmey X> impossible, can't use mey with a verb DuSaQmoH -> he >
 > > cause you to cry
 > Well reasoned, but not impossible.  Try again.

DuSaQmey -> schools

 > Sometimes there is more than one legal way to parse a word:
 > Find TWO meanings for {Dabej}.

Dabej -> he certainly behaves as
Dabej -> you watch him

Phil