tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 15 16:38:14 1997

Re: Question as object

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark E. Shoulson <[email protected]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email protected]>
Date: Monday, December 15, 1997 1:25 AM
Subject: Re: Question as object

>Surely you don't think Klingons can go blabbing secret information all the
>time!  Klingons know the value of secrecy better than most: De' pegh
>Sovlu'DI' chaq Do'Ha'.

True.  It is probably not as bad as I am making it out to be.

>Think how many times you know that a general knows
>the plans for an attack

HIvmeH nab vISov.

(or possibly even {HIv nab vISov} if we ever find out if {HIv} is a noun.)

>or the number of ships that are involved but cannot
>say because of military secrecy.

This one is harder.

HIvrupbogh Dujmey vItoghpu'.

HIvrupbogh Dujmey mI' vISov.  (Not certain with {mI'} here. Sounds like the
fleet has a number.)

A: HIv Duj 'ar?
B: De'vam vISov 'a qaja' net chaw'be'.

>(commercial non-disclosure agreements, the fact that
>the details might end up dishonoring someone he does not want to dishonor
>lest the Empire be thrown in turmoil, etc etc).

romuluSnganpu'vaD numaghta'bogh tlhIngan pong vISov!  qaja'chugh
ghobchuqchoH tlhIngan wo' tuqmey!

>Knowing information and
>not being able to talk about it is hardly non-Klingon.  It is the very core
>of military thought!

'e' vIlaj.

SuStel
Stardate 97956.8