tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Dec 13 16:17:53 1997

Re: A new toast?

At 11:50 97-12-13 -0800, Voragh wrote:
}On Tue, 9 Dec 1997, Qov wrote:
}
}|Marc Okrand is considered the ultimate authority on all points of the
}|language, but he does occasionally admit to mistakes.  Officially the
}|Klingon prisoner Maltz is the authority whom MO consults.
}|
}|He knows the language well and understands it when spoken to, but I've only
}|heard him answer in English.  He doesn't know the vocabulary as well as some
}|of us do.  He is very careful around KLI members because he knows we'll
}|analyze anything he says and pick it apart. I have not heard him speak
}|tlhIngan Hol sentences except for a toast he prepared and read from a
}|napkin.
}
}I don't suppose you remember it?  Was it new or just one of the ones he'd
}already given us?

I think it was more of an American style toast, not a pithy Klingon one.  At
qep'a' wejDIch the members of my table got up and went over to his table and
toasted him.  I don't even remember what *we* said. (DaQtIq?  David?).  Marc
later addressed the whole group while reading off a napkin.  I know someone
made a serious effort to capture that napkin, but I don't remember who, or
whether ghaH was successful in the attempt.

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level