tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Dec 13 12:08:55 1997

Re: The Warrior's Anthem (lyrics)

On Mon, 8 Dec 1997, Etienne Bonanno wrote:
|Hey thanks! I was going crazy trying to understand it!

qay'be'.

|BTW - you wouldn't also have the lyrics for the song sung the toq and the
|other Klingon kept as prisinors by the Romulans in one of the TNG episodes.
|I'm not sure what it was called. Was it something like Birthright or Sins of

As a matter of fact, I do:

                           KLINGON VICTORY SONG

Returning from a successful Ritual Hunt with Worf, after exclaiming
"ka'la!" Toq begins to sing, and others join in (Birthright II):

      bagh Da tuHmoh. ChojaH duh rHo.
           yIja'Qo'  yIja'Qo'  yIja'Qo'
      van'aj javDIch Qong DIr Sa'VIch
          ghIH yot quelI'Pa qevas HoH Qa
      teblaw'nghu mughato'Du
           yIja'Qo' yIja'Qo' yIja'Qo'

The above lyrics appeared in the script. The first line was translated
in the dialog as:

      [Fire streaks the heavens.  Battle has begun.]

The closed captions were somewhat different, though:

         bAGH dA TUhMHOH.
         cHOJAh dUH RhO
             YLJA' qO'
             YLJA' qO'
             YLJA' qO'
         mAH DOK UDO
         jIH DOK MAjU
         pAH DOK chABah
         bURAK CHUqA
         VAN'AJ JAVdiCH
         TEBLAW'NGHU
         MUGHATA'dU'
             YALA' qO
             YALA' qO

And, as a reminder, DloraH wrote:

|If anyone wants the audio file so they can play it over and over to try to
|figure it out, its on my web page (as a RealAudio file):
|		www2.rpa.net/~cheesbro

- Voragh
  Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level