tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Dec 11 05:45:59 1997

Qoch

ghItlh Qov SuStel je:

>>jIQochbe' jIH.
>
>cha'logh maQochbe'pu' jIH Qov je! mev qo' 'e' yIghuH!

lugh nuq? maQochbe' pagh jIQochbe'? 'ach lugh'a' Hoch mu'tlheghvam?

What is correct? "We agree" or "I agree"? Or is each sentence correct?

BTW -  Vocabulary progress report - I have finally gotten to the point where
half the postings here (the Klingon ones, of course) are using words I know
well enough to read without the dictionary reference. What a breakthrough! I
am very happy about it. There's much work to do still...

For anyone curious about how it has worked for me -

1 - I spent years learning grammar. I can decipher and construct most
grammatical situations without a thought (at least in writing - speaking is
another matter).

2 - I typed the whole vocabulary into a Word document to form a dictionary.
Thus I have actually seen every word in the vocabulary at least once.

3 - I made about 50 flash cards - I used the 48 words Qov provided earlier,
plus 2 very important ones, <qa'vIn> and <nIm>. (If I were to go to the
qep'a', those would be the two most spoken words out of my mouth. I'd say
"sugar" though since <HaQchor jIparHa'qu'>!) To my surprise, I got through
most of them the first time! (Oh, can someone recommend "cream"? NOT
"half-and-half", please...)

4 - I downloaded ter'eS's program. te'reS, majQa'! qaStaHvIS DIS law',
jIHvaD lI'taH 'oH.

The result? This whole message was typed out of my head, except for
<HaQchor>, and I read the above sentences as well except for <qo'> and
<ghuH>. I will now make flash cards for these three words.

Dun tlhIngan Hol!

Qermaq

Back to archive top level