tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Dec 07 21:54:05 1997

Re: Suggestion for Lurkers

At 15:08 97-12-07 -0800, Dawut wrote:

}	I have a suggestion for the so-called "lurkers" on this list.
}If you are a lurker, consider this as a viable option which may serve to
}benefit all involved.
}
}	If you are someone who is interested in learning the Klingon language
}and being exposed to the real-life usage of the language by those who
}speak it and are learning it, you can read all the current postings, as
}well as past postings, in the KLI Email List Archive, accessable at the
}website, http://www.kli.org/tlhIngan-Hol/  (with the most recent and
}up-to-date postings accessible at,
}http://www.kli.org/tlhIngan-Hol/current/

I recommend browsing in the archives to lurkers and non-lurkers alike.  It
may make it easier to start participating once you've read far enough back
in time to see current 'elders' learning to use prefixes properly and
whining in confusion about the tlhIngan Hol.  We all started from no
knowledge of the language.

}	If you want to be an active participant to learn and use the Klingon
}language, tlhIngan Hol, then *please* send email to the list asking
}questions about topics you don't understand or commenting on various
}aspects of the language.

Definitely.  If you don't understand something, ASK.

}If you are not going to send email to the list because you just want to
}read the postings, then consider unsubscribing from the list (lightening
}the load on the listserver) and keep up with the list by accessing the
}online archive on the website.

I wouldn't suggest that anyone leave the list just because they weren't
posting. I certainly don't mind if there are a thousand lurkers out there.
The only people I'd suggest leave are the ones who aren't reading this,
because they delete all the messages unread. I was a lurker in the world of
tlhIngan Hol -- not on this list, but aware of the lnaguage, familiar with
the grammar, noticing but not contacting people with tlhIngan Hol in their
signatures ... for at least six years.  Eventually something may happen and
the lurkers will open their mouths and start speaking.  AND THEN YOU CAN'T
SHUT US UP!  :)

SujeSchoHDI' jIbel, 'ach SuDaqtaH net chaw'bej.

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level