tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Dec 07 12:38:57 1997

Re: Translation help needed

At 10:46 97-12-07 -0800, SuSan Burton wrote:
}nuqneH. First, I apologize for not posting in Klingon.
}thlIngan Hol vljatlhlaHbe.

That will get you through the minimum requirements to post here. Note it's
tlhIngan Hol vIjatlhlaHbe' -- the order of the {tlh}, the letter {'} and the
distinction between {I} (eye) and {l} (ell) must me mastered if you're going
to embroider.  Capitals count. Don't change them.

}(Thank you, Klingon Dictionary)

That's how we all learned.

}But you are precisely the people
}who might help me. I would very like to give my husband a sweat shirt with
}World's Greatest Dad (or a close version thereof) embroidered on it in
}Klingon.  Could someone there let me know how I might say this?

For a first approximation:

jIH nIv law' Hoch tera' vav nIv puS
"I am superior to every Terran father"

Follow this subject thread for other ideas, and corrections to them.

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level