tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Dec 06 14:58:31 1997

Re: KLBC my mother is sick of my behavior

At 09:53 97-12-02 -0800, Phil wrote:
}
}For the phrase,
}
}	My mother is sick of my behavior
}
}I have a hard time translating the concept of that phrase
}
}Would this be correct ?
}
}  DaH jIDataH 'e' cherghbe' SoSwI' 'ej 'oH par
}  My mother doesn't tolerate the way I act now and she dislikes it
}
}I try to express that the behavior is getting on her nerves. Do I
}succeed ?

{jIDataH 'e' cherghbe'} "She doesn't tolerate that I behave."  It doesn't
get across that its the way you are behaving is annoying her.  Perhaps ...

SoSwI' vInuQtaH - I'm annoying my mother
QIpwI' vIDataHmo' puQ SoSwI' - My mother is fed up because I keep acting stupid.

I think  it works best in Klingon if you describe the behaviour that so
irritates your mother.

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level