tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Dec 06 14:58:18 1997

Re: Borg Language

At 18:36 97-12-03 -0800, you wrote:
} m109 jatlh:
}
}> In message <[email protected]>, Marian Schwartz
}> <[email protected]> writes
}> >ghItlh KliJaH
}> >>Another question. Not really about Klingon, but I hope someone will answer
}> >it. What language does the Borg speak. In the movies >they only speak
}> >English, but I don't think that that is there own language, because than
}> >they have to be made by humans and that !
}> >>is not the case.  I am only curious, because if there not yet is a Borg
}> >language I am going to give it a try. I like it to make new >languages and
}> >a Borg language sounds like a challenge to me.
}> >
}> >I bet they'd use something like Loglan... or maybe just computer code.
}> >Qapla'
}> >qoror
}> 00101000110100110001111101010110110000100101010101011110001100...and
}> don't you forget it!!
}> qelayn
}
}Hmmmmmmm... Well, taking into consideration that the Borg, when
}assimilating someone into the collective, they adapt (as they always do).
}They adapt technology, culture, and I would assume languages as well. Thus
}I would suspect that it would be impossible to develop a finite Borg
}language, as it would be continuously adapting. And from memory, don't the
}Borg communicate telepathically?

nov Hol boqel boneHchugh, tlhIngan Hol yIlo'.  tlhIngan Hol lo'bogh jabbI'ID
DIneH.  latlh Hol bolo'DI' SubIv.  SujangnISqu', nuvvaD yIjang.

SKI: If you want to talk about alien languages, use Klingon.  No matter what
a post is about, if it's in Klingon, it's on topic.  The minute you switch
into another language, you take it off topic.  If you really really have to
reply, take it off list.

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level