tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 03 18:35:43 1997

Re: Borg Language

 m109 jatlh:

> In message <[email protected]>, Marian Schwartz
> <[email protected]> writes
> >ghItlh KliJaH
> >>Another question. Not really about Klingon, but I hope someone will answer
> >it. What language does the Borg speak. In the movies >they only speak
> >English, but I don't think that that is there own language, because than
> >they have to be made by humans and that !
> >>is not the case.  I am only curious, because if there not yet is a Borg
> >language I am going to give it a try. I like it to make new >languages and
> >a Borg language sounds like a challenge to me.
> >
> >I bet they'd use something like Loglan... or maybe just computer code.
> >Qapla'
> >qoror
> 00101000110100110001111101010110110000100101010101011110001100...and
> don't you forget it!!
> qelayn

Hmmmmmmm... Well, taking into consideration that the Borg, when
assimilating someone into the collective, they adapt (as they always do).
They adapt technology, culture, and I would assume languages as well. Thus
I would suspect that it would be impossible to develop a finite Borg
language, as it would be continuously adapting. And from memory, don't the
Borg communicate telepathically?

Qapla'

QISto'ver

Eliseo Christopher d'Annunzio, Esquire