tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Dec 04 07:12:02 1997

Re: A *with* suffix?

Eliseo d'Annunzio, Esq. writes:

 > I feel qelayn has a point here. tlhInganpu' are a militarial race, and
 > thus bow, stern, port and starboard would be considered as much better
 > ideas for north, south, east and west. Anyone care to second me?

Well... this is silly...

Why would the north point changes depending on where your ship faces ?

North, south, etc. don't make sens in space. They are only usefull on
the planet.

I know a lot of people are saying, the Hawaii wasn't using coordinate
systems. Well why should they ? They were living in a small island
were the big volcanos or mountains were visible from almost
everywhere. Now put yourself in saskatchewan (Canada) were the land is
so flat you can see your dog runaway for 2 days. The usefullness of
north, south, etc. is in those situations. On land, a road is often
there, at sea however...

Just my rambling thoughts.

Phil

Back to archive top level