tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 03 11:17:14 1997

KLBC mu'tay' qeq

I tried to write a story with as much words I don't know yet as
possible (within the context of the story)

romuluS toQDuj tlha' DIvI'may'Duj tlhIngan toQDuj je.
A Federation Battle Cruiser and a Bird of Prey chase a Romulan
Warbird.
(is it ok to say {toQDuj} for Warbird as well?)

'ejyo' ra'ghomquv je maghta' romuluSnganpu'.
The Romulans betrayed Starfleet and the High Command.

<DIvI'vaD tlhIngan wo'vaD je rojmab wIneH> jatlh romuluSnganpu', 'ach
neplaw'.
The Romulans said: "we want a peace treaty with the Federation and
the Klingon Empire," but they apparently lied.

SutlhmeH Quv lI'ta' romuluSnganpu'.
The Romulans transmitted coordinates in order to negotiate.

'ach QuvvamDaq paw'ta'DI' DIvI' 'oSwI'pu' tlhIngan 'oSwI'pu' je,
So'Ha'mo' nargh romuluS toQDujmey law'.
But when the Federation and the Klingon emissaries arrived at these
coordinates, many Warbirds appeared because they uncloaked.

nuHmey law' ghajbe'mo' DIvI' 'oSwI' Duj tlhIngan 'oSwI' Duj je,
HublaHbe'.
Because the Federation and the Klingon emissaries' ships weren't
heavily armed, they were defenceless.
(loose translation)

Dujmey Qaw'lu' 'ej jor.
The ships were destroyed and they exploded.
(Qaw' was listed as a noun in TKD; I suppose that's a typo, qar'a'?)

ngoDvam QoyDI' 'ejyo' ra'ghomquv je romuluSnganpu' bIjmeH
tlha' may' Dujmey 'e' ra'.
When Starfleet and the High Commandheard this, they ordered
battleships to follow the Romulans, in order to punish them.

qaStaHvIS cha'maH chorgh repmey romuluS toQDuj tlha'lI'.
During twenty eight hours, they've been chasing the Romulan Warbird.

romuluS rI' 'e' nID, 'ach jangbe' romuluS petaQpu'.
They attempted to hail them, but the Romulan bastards didn't answer.

DaH taghta' veS!
Now it's war!
(loose translation again)

Well, that covered much of the warfare and diplomatical vocab (not
that I've used that much diplomatical words, but then again, there
aren't very much of those either }}:-)

/Doneq
______
bIlujlaHbe'chugh bIQaplaHbe'