tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 31 07:40:00 1997

Son of KGT puns

I was reading the section on food last night because I couldn't sleep, and
the husband had to come up and check on me because of the laughter.  The
man is Definately Sick -- and I, for one, absolutely love it.

First you feed the critter SI'lop (the book is upstairs, pardon for the
mispellings), and then you kill it and remove the stomach and the
partially digested QuD.  (Theological note -- one doesn't feed cows slop
one slops pigs -- but pigs don't chew their cud which is why they're not
kosher.  Do you reckon that this means Klingon Pigs are kosher?)

But the part that absolutely cracked me up was the herbed, breaded,
fat-back was called a tlhombuS (aka a blood clot ...)  Guess it doesn't
much matter where in the universe you are -- too much fat clogs up
*anybody's* arteries.

I did notice that all the words in the text *aren't* in the word list
in the back.  Wonder why.  I also noticed that many of the puns "athletes
foot" for fungus are aluded to in the text as well.

tevram goes back to reading and giggling, now.

tevram
[email protected]

Back to archive top level