tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 29 21:00:28 1997

Re: gho naQchu': Worf von Trapp....

Joel Peter Anderson wrote:

> Odd synchronicity here:  Theodore Bikel who played Worf's adoptive father
> created the role of Georg von Trapp on Broadway.  This gets even weirder,
> when you add in the fact that Christopher Plummer (who people *think* was
> Georg von Trapp since he played him in the film) was the villain of ST VI
> which included Worf's grandfather....
>
> This, of course explains how the song
>                   _                 _
>                 o/                o/
>         "yu, a sheep, a female sheep, bIm, a drop of golden sun..."
>
> made it to the empire.  (At least to me....)

My fiance caught this one: in KGT, the new word for the verb "trap" is
{von}....

DaH jISaQ vIneH....

(On the bright side, when I spoke to Marc in April at Babelcon, he said
there would be a Lawrence Welk joke in KGT.  I haven't found it yet.
Knowing how badly some of the other puns have hurt, perhaps this is a
Good Thing.)

--
Qob la' (tlh.w.D. quttaj ra'wI')       [email protected]
tlhIngan Hol yejHaD ghojwI'            http://www.frontiernet.net/~qob/

Back to archive top level