tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 28 18:26:27 1997

mu'ghomwIj

I am currently in the process of creating a personal dictionary, and
would appreciate some (constructive) feedback on the design. The data
will be stored in an Access database, and the interface will be a VB
application. My primary focus now is the Klingon word list; if I get
ambitious later, I will add an English keyword list and a canon database,
complete with a parser to add references to the wordlist.

My current wordlist table has all the basics:

Word
Definition
Part of speech
Source
Qualifiers (regional, slang)
Notes

Both the part of speech and the source are coded into several fields so
that I can generate such things as jatlh: verb: transitive & speaking, or
maH: noun: quantitative: number forming element (or chuvmey: pronoun).

I am also considering adding related words. For example, <Qub> could have
links to <Sov>, <Har>, <Hon>, etc., thus adding something resembling a
thesaurus to the dictionary.

pagh

Back to archive top level