tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 28 17:18:36 1997

RE: "Soldiers of the Empire" and KGT

At 07:47 AM 8/28/97 -0700, you wrote:
>It's "fun" as long as you're content in the fan-boy role.  Once you try and
>step out of that role it ceases to be fun because Viacom "owns" the
>language, even original prose written in the language.  Simple fact; they
>believe that they own all expressions in the language and will chase you
>down if you attempt sell or distribute your composition.  Even try
>'working' with them, it's not fun, right Lawrence?  They simply are not
>interested in 'fun'.  If you want fun stick with being a fan-boy.  Or...

Oh believe me, I know all about your, er... problems with Viacom, and I am
COMPLETELY on your side with that one.  I didn't mean to imply that
Paramount is fun, or that getting involved with Paramount is fun.  I was
referring only to the act of watching Marc Okrand cover their asses.

-mIqIraH

Back to archive top level