tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 20 22:14:19 1997

Re: KLBC: 153 jaj - 1st part

On Stardate 97637.6 muHwI' wrote:

> ghItlh SuStel:
> >> buSmeH poH nI' vIpoQbe' 'ej
> > [...]
> >> jav *months later* *america*Daq jIyIntaH.
> > [...]
> > To say something like "six months later," you can use a separate sentence
> > describe the passing of time.
> >
> > qaS jav tera' jarmey.  *America* vIDabtaH.
>
> This sounds like "Six months later, I am living in America."
> What I was trying to say was:
> "It didn't take long to think about it for me and six months later, I was in
> America."
> Is it too difficult to make such a sentence. How can I do it whithout losing
> the meaning?

I was only translating the relevant part.  I'll translate your last sentence
above.

loQ jIQublI'.  ngaj QubmeH poH.  qaSpu' jav tera' jar, *America* vIDabtaH.

If that isn't what you mean, then your English is not clear.

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level