tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 20 22:14:06 1997

Re: KLBC: 153 jaj - intro

On Stardate 97637.5 muHwI' wrote:

> ghItlh SuStel:
>
> >> QaplaH rarghachmey 'e' vIlay'laHbe'
> > I cannot promise that connectations will succeed.
>
> > Unfortunately, I really don't know what it is that you're talking about,
so
> > can't advise you on how to improve this sentence.
>
> I want to say:
> "I can't promise that all links (Weblinks to KLI for example) will / do
> work."
> "I cannot guarantee that all links work / function."

Oh.  Well, there's the problem.  We don't have much terminology which has to
do with human computer systems, especially the World Wide Web.  Some months
ago we learned that the English word "site" (itself a borrowing from the more
mundane idea of a physical location) has been the basis for equivalent words
in all other languages that we knew.  I doubt that Klingons have an analogous
word.

*shrug* You could always just leave the word "link" in there.  Perhaps
Klingons would use the word {lojmIt}?  Or {Qorwagh}.  Or {veghmeH mu'mey}.
Who knows?

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian