tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 20 22:08:10 1997

Re: New suffix in KGT

In a message dated 97-08-20 04:03:34 EDT, SuStel writes:

<< This is the only sort of thing that worries me about the new book.  Now
that
 we have slang ways to say things which needed to be recast before, people
are
 going to start relying on these slang terms, and never learn "proper"
Klingon.
  We must start learning *when* to use the special rules presented in KGT.

wa' DoS wIqIp

As much as I have wanted to see rhetoric in Klingon, it feels good as a
bland, direct language.  I am afraid of misuse of the slang and dialectal
phrases.  I, too, do not want to dilute tlhIngan Hol (ta' Hol, not
necessarily including all those mu'mey ghoQ).  I hope we learn KLI-approved
tlhIngan Hol properly first and use only slang we understand clearly to
enhance our speech, not replace it.

peHruS

Back to archive top level