tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 20 07:00:43 1997

Klingon Novel Audiotape?

Has anyone listened to the audiotape based on the novel based on the
Klingon CDROM? (whew!)  I glanced through the novel but never sought out
the tape, though I usually do if they show up in our public libraries. But
I noted the other day, looking at the online Barnes and Nobles catalog
that it may have taken a different and interesting direction from the
novelization:

   This ultimate training manual will take its place next to
   Conversational Klingon and Power Klingon as an audio classic. Based on
   the third installment of Simon & Schuster Interactive's Star Trek
   series, Star Trek:  Klingon is a crash course in the language, culture,
   and warfare of Earth's most lethal and uneasy ally--the Klingons. This
   audio tests listeners' skills in Klingon phrases, customs, body
   language, and even the proper cooking of gagh!

Has anyone heard this one?  Any comments?

[An aside, I recommend books on tape, not only as palliative for the
hardcore reader who is doing something - say driving - that sort of
"requires" attention, but often also as an improvement on the text form of
the book.  The audiotape of the novel "Kahless", for example dispenses
most of the "ancient Klingon history" thread.  Tom Clancy's bloated
technoporn stories likewise get edited down to a reasonable story.]

   joel anderson * [email protected] * [email protected]
 **mIghghachvo' yImej 'ej yIQaQ; roj yInej 'ej Dochvam yItlha'**
    http://members.aol.com/JPKlingon * [email protected]
 **Depart from evil, and do good; Seek peace, and pursue it**

Back to archive top level