tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 15 00:00:01 1997

Re: nuqDaq bIyIntaH SoH'e'?

In a message dated 97-08-14 02:11:15 EDT, Lieven writes:

<< > nuqDaq bIyIntaH SoH'e'?  >>

KGT to the rescue:  We now have the word {Dab} for "dwell at."  At first
glance, I would say we can now use {nuqDaq bIDab} and answer with
{ColoradoDaq jIDab}.

I wonder, though, if in the end we will discover we must drop the {-Daq} and
make the place "dwelled at" a direct object.  This would produce {Colorado
vIDab}.

KGT contains several other verbs which "contain" a preposition:

chuH = explain to, clarify/specify for
chuH = throw at, hurl at
gheS = assumes duties of, take responsibilites of
Haq = intervene in; perform surgery [on]
jaD = throw around, hurl about
jeq = protrude from
lIt = get on
lItHa' = get off
moH = exert undue influence on (slang)
muq = have a volume of
ngeQ = run into, collide with, bump into
ngI' = have a weight of
pID = coat with [herbed mixture]
rey = squeeze and stretch out [windbag]
Saw' = have a depth of