tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 13 09:16:59 1997

Re: Maltz whispered in my ear.

According to Chet Braun:

> Maltz, snickering gleefully, whispered in my ear the proper
> use of two new words:

Would you mind being a little more specific about the source of
these words? Since the first word appears in no other word list
I've seen and since the second word has a different meaning
than the one given in KGT, I want to know whether they should
both be in the New Words list, and if so, how do I list the
citation?

> boQ - to display bravado without skill, to clown around, to play the fool
> boQwI' - a clownish fellow, a buffoon
> boQchu'wI' - a professional clown or juggler
>
> jIrmoH - be reckless, foolhardy

In KGT, this means "twirl bat'leth, cause bat'leth to rotate.
It is based on {jIr}, "rotate, twirl". Gee, perhaps I should
have waited later to give Qov that definition...

> jIrmoHwI' - a so-called warrior who continuously takes
> needless risks even to the point of endangering his comrades.

That conjures quite the image.

> HetaQ

charghwI'

Back to archive top level