tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 12 16:04:04 1997

Re: HIvqa' veqlargh!

ghItlh SuStel
>> Unless KGT tells me differently, doesn't 'o' sort of act as a slang for
>> 'rear' in the anatomical sense? I am not suggesting this is a legitamite
>> gloss of 'o', but it is certainly understood by the users of this list. I
>> agree with those who point out its spurious nature, but I do think clear
>> communication leaves room for a little intelligible slang.
>
>It's slang used on the list, but there's no way to say that it's slang used by
>*Klingons*.

I seem to remember in the Klingon Hamlet {'o'vo'} for "from within" and I have
no idea how it's supposed to be used.
Maybe we could someday do a second edition with the new grammar ({Hoch}, for
one) and maybe some new words from KGT such as "dining room" (I think I remember
someone saying what they used in it for that, and if KGT gave us at least a new
way to say such).

Qapla'
qoror

Back to archive top level