tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 11 20:01:11 1997

HIvqa' veqlargh!

I wrote a sentence recently - this is basically it:

'o'wIjDaq loD ghap'e' vIneHQo'!

BUT - this is wrong. The -Qo' means refusal. I have said "I refuse to want
a man's hand in my 'o'" - I meant "I don't want..." - that should be:

'o'wIjDaq loD ghap'e' vIneHbe'!

Unless KGT tells me differently, doesn't 'o' sort of act as a slang for
'rear' in the anatomical sense? I am not suggesting this is a legitamite
gloss of 'o', but it is certainly understood by the users of this list. I
agree with those who point out its spurious nature, but I do think clear
communication leaves room for a little intelligible slang.

I suspect a dissenting view is coming soon...

Qermaq

Back to archive top level