tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 10 06:48:43 1997

Re: KLBC : Nemo repente fuit turpissimus

[email protected] on behalf of Norman Thomas wrote:

> Do I wait until after Sunday for comment on the subject line?

I don't know what it means, so I can't comment on it.

> > toH!  "parakeet" ghajbogh loD'e' vISovpu'.  loDvaD "Angel" ponglu'!
> > ("parakeet" pong vIqawbe'.)

>  loD ghap be' wuqDI "parakeet" : [How can I express after six months -
> in a separate sentence]

"As soon as a parakeet decides on either a man or a woman."

When you use noun conjunctions, the conjunction comes after the last noun.
{loD be' ghap} "either a man or a woman."

{-DI'} has a glottal stop after it.

qaSpu'DI' jav jar
As soon as six months had occurred

What did you mean by this sentence?

> "blue" mojDI "cere" loD mojDI "parakeet"

"As soon as the parakeet becomes a man as soon as cere becomes a blue"

Huh?

> : "angelo" moj pongwI'Daj.

You've got two Type 4 noun suffixes on {pong}.  Either that, or you're using
{-wI'} on the *verb* {pong}, in which case you're talking about "his namer
becomes Angelo."  What do you mean?  Please include an English translation so
I can help you.

> "brown" mojDI "cere" be' mojDI "parakeet" : "angela" moj pongwI'Daj.
> The cere is the bit of skin above the beak where the nostrils are :
> sorry I didn't even try this last part in Klingon - my short attention
> span.

We don't have a word for "beak," but I'll use {nuj} "mouth":

nuj DungDaq tlhonDaq je DIr 'ay' tu'lu'.  DIrvamvaD "cere" ponglu'.

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level