tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Aug 09 13:42:35 1997

Re: zan ?

jatlh "Khatal" -

T::>I'm looking for the meaning of the word "zan".  I have seen it in a couple of
 ::>Star Trek books where a Klingon bridge crew member is addressed as "zan".  Is
 ::>this equivilent to "Mr."?

 Roughly - but in Klingonaase, not tlhIngan Hol.  Klingonaase
 was John M. Ford's Klingon language, from his novel "The Final
 Reflection".  It seems to have nothing in common with the
 thlIngan Hol that Marc Okrand invented for the movies and for
 us to play with.
--
Jeff Zeitlin
[email protected]