tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 08 21:58:01 1997

Re: KLBC

[email protected] on behalf of Adam Hadani (loDDoq) wrote:
>    Greetings,
>   1)do u have any idea how do i say that something holy,like the bible
> or something like that?
>  i've searched for saint,holy,sacred but still havnt found anything.
> is there a word for that?

No known words which exactly match that.  Perhaps for a Klingon, anything holy
is "honored" {quv}.

> 2) to say judjment day should i useyojjaj or yojpem or even somthing
> else?

You probably wouldn't use {pem}, unless Judgement Day is supposed to occur
during the daytime (which I don't remember ever hearing about).

{yoj jaj} literally means "day of judgememt."  Whether Klingons have any
similar sort of idea is not known.

Perhaps a better phrase would be {yoj'a' jaj} "day of ultimate judgement."

> 3)here's a dialect i've wrote. is it written correclty:
>     two people(named QaS and Qel) meet.
>
> QaS: "Qel!"
> Qel: "nuqneH"

maj!  {{:->

> QaS:  " SoSlI'  Hegh  jIQoypu' " ( that was a reall tricky one, did i
> made alot of mistakes in it?)
> Kras:" i've heard your mother died"

Here, you need to use the Sentence As Object construction, detailed in TKD
section 6.2.5.  Remember not to use a Type 7 verb suffix on the second verb.

Heghpu' SoSlI' 'e' vIQoy.

> Qel: "Hija'. SuvwI''a' 'ej  Hegh batlh" (that was supposed to be: "yes.
> she was a great warrior and died with honor."should i've used 'e'
> instead of 'ej and how do i say with and was?)

To say "She was a great warrior," you need a "to be" construction, explained
in TKD section 6.3.  You just stick a pronoun next to the noun.  This pronoun
takes care of the "was."  (In Klingon, there is no tense, so "is," "was," and
"will be" are all the same.

SuvwI''a' ghaH.
She was a great warrior.

{'ej} is the correct word.  These are two sentences which are not related to
each other.  {'e'} is only used in the SAO formation.

Remember that when you used adverbials, like {batlh} (it's not just a noun;
look it up), they come at the beginning of the phrase.  For {batlh}, the
"with" in included in the meaning.

batlh Hegh
She died with honor.

HIja'.  SuvwI''a' ghaH 'ej batlh Hegh.
Yes.  She was a great warrior, and she died with honor.

> QaS: " Qapla' "
> Qel:  " Qapla' "
>
> That's all for now
>
> 'aDam(is this good as Adam?)