tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 08 16:16:21 1997

Re: New word from Okrand (vegh)

Robyn Stewart wrote:

> A useful word, better than taH, not as useful as ghoS or tu', a new
> tool for the toolbox.  It's not even a new hammer though, it's a more
> special purpose object: a size 5 crochet hook or a 23 mm wrench

Hmm.  Expanding this metaphor to ridiculous extremes, I'd call {vegh} a
21 mm wrench (equivalent to 13/16" for us old-fashioned folk).  I dunno
about mechanics in the Great White North, but I've only used my 23 mm
wrench maybe twice in 10 years, and {vegh} is much more useful than
*that*.  <g>

> maybe. Now stop trying to hammer nails, snap fasteners and machine
> bolts with it.

Qo'!  'utDI', mupwI' 'oH Hoch'e'!  <monqu'>

> "If you're not prepared for nitpicking, you're in the wrong place."

I missed that, but it's quite appropriate!

--
Qob la' (tlh.w.D. quttaj ra'wI')       [email protected]
tlhIngan Hol yejHaD ghojwI'            http://www.frontiernet.net/~qob/

Back to archive top level