tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 08 01:34:10 1997

Re: KLBC: SaqHa'

ghItlh ghunchu'wI:
> ja'pu' muHwI':
> >> {Saq} means "to land"
> >> what does {SaqHa'} mean?
> >> "not land", "take off" ?
>
> jang SuStel:
> >"Take off."  {Saqbe'} would be "not land."
>
> I would be a lot more likely to interpret {SaqHa'} as "mis-land", or
"crash".

according to the context, I think "crash" is right.
I was translating that story "exam #1" which is in "The Grammarians Desk"

<nImbuS wejDaq Deb'a' botlhDaq SaqHa' vagh loD: wa' Human wa' romuluSngan wa'
verengan wa' 'elaSngan wa' tlhIngan je. [...]> (loose translation --> )
"On Nimbus three, five man have crashed in the middle of a big desert: A
Human, Romulan, Ferengi, Elasan and a Klingon. As soon as they stroke the
surface, their ship became a wreck and their Troyian Helmsman was killed.
Luckily, nobody else got hurt. They were all alone in the empty, difficult,
uninhabited countryside. Since it was impossible to repair the ship they
quickly realized had to walk a lot to find civilization in order to survive.
They chose a direction and they embarked their long trip." (end of first
paragraph)

muHwI'
Stardate 97603.3

Back to archive top level