tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 07 18:24:38 1997

Re: par maqay

At 01:13 PM 8/7/97 -0700, you wrote:
>On Deep Space Nine, I believe that Worf has referred to Dax as his <par
>maqay.>  I would assume this would be something like the Betazoid term
><Imzadi> or mabey our word 'beloved,' or something similiar.  I was wondering
>if we know the Klingon meaning and correct spelling.  If you have any
>information on this, I would like to know.
>
>qatlho'
>corre'noH

Presumably, "parmaqay'" is derived from "parmaq" meaning love (although how
one uses "parmaq" is not all together clear yet.)  Unlike
"parmaq","parmaqay'" is still not a true cannon word yet, although I
suspect it refers to a specific level of relationship, maybe akin to "fiance."

SuSvaj

Back to archive top level