tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 07 12:50:22 1997

Re: New word from Okrand (vegh)

On  6 Aug 97 at 10:52, Robyn Stewart wrote:

> Yes you can write "ngem vIvegh" and "nentay vIvegh".  See?  I just
> did it.  Is it normal usage?  No.  Marc specifically said "no" to
> forest and a nentay is a ritual, not a physical opening.

Why do people keep inventing interpretations of my original
nentay-vegh question that I did not mean nor explicitly wrote? It's
so... frustrating!

Again:

IF { Klingons see the two rows warriors participating
in nentay as one special concept that's part of the
ritual and it's culture} AND { there is (therefore) one
single word for these two rows of warriors } THEN

    SUPPOSE { this word is "X" } THEN

        { Would "X vegh" be a valid way to describe
        part of the ritual? }

    END SUPPOSE

END IF

I never talked about "{two rows of [anything]} vegh", "nentay
vegh" or anything else you make up yourself. Oh, just forget about
this. This is really making me so sick and tired of vegh
that I probably won't use it ever just because of this
crap. I wished I never asked my question in the first
place... <sigh>

Qapla'
peSHIr

Jarno Peschier, computer science student, Utrecht University
   mailto:[email protected]    http://jarno.home.ml.org/
    'avwI' nejDI' narghta'bogh qama' reH 'avwI' Sambej

Back to archive top level