tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 07 11:36:35 1997

Re: more on vegh

According to Jeremy Cowan:

> I've been following the discussion on vegh with interest.  I was there,
> at the pronouncement, and have a few opinions of my own on how vegh can
> and can't be used.
> Now, here's a question for debate.  I think that when walking "through"
> the halls and chambers of a ship I would expect to hear the tlhIngan
> word used for forests etc.  What do you think?

Well, chambers, yes, but halls might be equated with tunnels. I
might use {vegh} with hall... though having other doors in the
hall might make it inappropriate.

Hmmm. Good example. If I were entering one end of a hall going
to the other end, ignoring the doors at the sides, I might make
a slightly poetic use of {vegh}, but otherwise, I'm starting to
agree with you. I think it is likely the wrong verb for halls
OR chambers.

> janSIy, vajpu' quv qamQel

charghwI'

Back to archive top level