tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 07 01:40:31 1997

Re: buy' ngop?

I looked at it, and there are some differences
to a version Fonseca once gave me SD 97534

"The blood of battle washes clean."
("The battle blood cleans the warrior who is brave and loyal")
yoHbogh matlhbogh je SuvwI' Say'moHchu' may 'Iw.

Eddy got:
yoHbogh matlhbogh je SuvwI' SeymoHchu' mayu'
"We ask, are you exited, brave and loyal warriors?"

...yo' qIjDaq vavpu'ma' DImuv. pa' reH maSuvtaHqu'.
"...join our fathers in the black fleet.where we battle forever..."
("...we join our fathers in the black fleet. There we always really continue
fighting.")

Eddy got:
...yo' qIjDaq vavpu'ma' DImuvpa' reH maSuvtaHqu'.
"Before we join our fathers in the Black Fleet we keep on fighting"

both had a typo with "qeylIS", they both had the last letter not capitalized:
"qeylIs".

Is there no source to be sure it is the "correct" text?

muHwI'
Stardate 97600.6

Back to archive top level