tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Aug 02 11:51:47 1997

Re: New Words!!!

At 02:39 AM 8/2/97 -0700, you wrote:
>> ghevI' : gagh sauce (n)

They starve the {gharghmey}, then put thim in the {ghevI'}, which contains
a flavoring drug that kills them.  They're best while still writhing in
their death pangs, hence the urgency to get live {qagh}.

>     Is this a body part?  i.e. does it take {-Du'} or {-mey} in the plural?

I think it's {-mey}, since its really just a big glob of guts, not a
specific part, per se.

>> luH : intestines (n)
>
>     Is this an inherent plural?  Could it be a singular, meaning "an
>intestinal tract"?

It just said intestines.  There's really no reason I can see to have plural
intestines, anyway, seeing as its all just one long tube!  I guess
intestinal tract would work, too.

-mIqIraH

Back to archive top level