tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Aug 02 02:29:03 1997

Re: New Words!!!

McReynolds wrote:

> Here are some new words from "Klingon For the Galactic Traveller."  I got
> them from the excerpt on the KFtGT web page.
>
> ghevI' : gagh sauce (n)

     Ok, I'm going to have to come up with a recipe here.  And maybe some
night crawlers.  Anyone for qaghna'? :)

> ghab : cunnk of animal midesction (food) (n)

     Is this a body part?  i.e. does it take {-Du'} or {-mey} in the plural?

> luH : intestines (n)

     Is this an inherent plural?  Could it be a singular, meaning "an
intestinal tract"?

wIvqu', law'wI'pu'vaD Holtej jIH
| Thaddaeus Vick, Linguist to the Masses |       [email protected]       |
| I could be wrong.  After all, there's  |                           |
|      a first time for everything.      | http://www.crl.com/~dvick |