tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 01 10:44:26 1997

Re: vegh the nentay

On 24 Jul 97 at 20:53, Guido wrote:

> peSHIrvo':
> >In my opinion it would depend on whether the "two rows of nentay
> >Klingons" is one single entity (and word) for a Klingon or not. But
> >I agree it seems shaky at best..
> [...]
> >Again, this depends on... Oh well, I've uttered my opinion on this
> >enought imes above for you to get the idea. I'm just curious what
> >your reactions will be on this.
>
> You cannot go thru two rows of warriors with pain sticks.

That's my point: why whould Klingons see these two rows as two rows?
Perhaps they take a different view (either specifically during the
nentay, or in general with "two parallel rows of things like this")
and see these two parallel rows as a single entity, a single abstract
things. They would naturally (?) have a word for it then and you
could {vegh} that entity.

But let's abandon this topic as well. I agree the assumption is shaky
at best and most "listers" seem to dismiss the possibity altogether
(assuming they understood exactly what I meant with my comments).
Let's leave it at this and move over to other interesting things.

Qapla'
peSHIr

Jarno Peschier, computer science student, Utrecht University
   mailto:[email protected]    http://jarno.home.ml.org/
    'avwI' nejDI' narghta'bogh qama' reH 'avwI' Sambej

Back to archive top level