tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 01 10:43:46 1997

Re: Language jokes show English speaking bias...

On 24 Jul 97 at 15:34, McReynolds wrote:

> > Like I said: it's probably more than logical and cannot be
> > avoided, but somehow I don't like it. The Internet, the tlhIngan
> > Hol language community, the Star Trek fandom community, etc. are
> > all global and not restricted to just the US.
>
> That's all true, but Marc Okrand is an English speaker that lives in
> the U.S., so naturally he would be using more English/American jokes
> than any other kind he might be aware of.

That's exactly what I meant with "it's probably more than logical and
cannot be avoided", of course.

Qapla'
peSHIr

Jarno Peschier, computer science student, Utrecht University
   mailto:[email protected]    http://jarno.home.ml.org/
    'avwI' nejDI' narghta'bogh qama' reH 'avwI' Sambej

Back to archive top level