tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 30 21:21:21 1997

The Klingon Anthem! At last!

Finally, in "Soldiers of the Empire," we can see the full version of the
Klingon Anthem as seen in KCD.  The big problem before is that all of
the actors' oiceds were garbled together, but now that it is on TV, we
don't have that problem.  Gotta love those closed captions!
Unfortunately, we don't have it neatly written in Okrandian Roman
Klingon, but we do get the phonetic version, presumably from the
script.  Here's what my closed captioning said...

Koi keh less pook load
Koi pook beh poo
Yoch bow math bow je shuv wee
Say moach chu may ew
Mah shoov mah nong ej ma choch chew
Nee beh yin mahj ach wov, coo!
Bath ma cheth bejj ej yo keej dahk
Vav poo ma dee muv pa rech ma shoov tach
Koo ma mev ko ma shoov tach, ma ov

Can anybody try and make any sense out of any of that?  Even if it is
bad grammar (probably), can anybody at least form some real words out of
these pronunciation guides?  Makes me wonder if Okrand really had a hand
in writing this for KCD like it is claimed...

-McReynolds

Back to archive top level