tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 28 18:39:33 1997

RE: KLBC: Good day to die

If you wanted this as KLBC, remember to put KLBC in the subject line.

[email protected] on behalf of fonseca wrote:
> jatlh SuStel

NO!!!!  *I'm* not the one speaking, YOU are!  {jatlh SuStel} means "SuStel
says . . ."

>  There is a good day to die, but the day is not yet over
>  Hegh maj jaj tu' lu', 'ach rInta'be' jaj

Well, we *know* how Klingons say "It is a good day to die."  That one is in
TKW.  {Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam.)  You cannot use {maj} like a verb as you seem
to have.  {maj} is only an exclamation expressing satisfaction.  The word for
good you want is {QaQ}.

"The day is not yet over."  You were close, but the day does not end
intentionally, or with a known goal.  I think you should use the adverbial
{wej}.

wej rIn jaj
The day is not yet finished.

--