tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Apr 27 11:54:30 1997

Re: Klingon national anthem was KLBC

On Sun, 27 Apr 1997, Stefan (SovwI) wrote:

|The way I read this is 'Listen to Kahless, son' which prob means 'listen to
|the words of Kahless, son' but I'm willing to be proven wrong..

The word order is wrong: the object must precede the verb. Even assuming
Qoy means "listen to" and not just "hear" (I still don't understand
Okrand's distinction between Qoy and 'Ij) your reading would have to be
"qeylIS Qoy, puqloD" -- possible clipped from "qeylISvaD yIQoy, puqloD" in
formal Klingon.

|But as all who replied said not that much to work with {{:-)

Do we know anything definite at all about the anthem?  Did Okrand write it
or just translate it?  Has anyone asked him or Simon & Schuster Interactive
for a copy of the words?  You'ld think whoever wrote the words and music
would want people to appreciate it or, at least, understand it.

-- Voragh

Back to archive top level